What do I need to rent my books?
All you need is a valid student ID number and credit/debit card that expires after the end of the rental term.
Can I write or highlight in my rental books?
Yes! You can lightly mark your books.
Can I keep my rental books?
Rented books must be returned to the bookstore at the end of the semester unless you choose to pay the difference between the rental and the purchase price. We can help you figure out the difference for each book you are thinking about keeping.
Should I tell the bookstore if my book is damaged or lost?
Yes! If your book is damaged or lost you can pay the difference between the purchase price and the rental price to avoid being charged the late fee and replacement cost.
What qualifies as damage?
If your book has water damage, chewed or missing pages or covers, etc, you will be charged for the difference between the purchase price and the rental price.
When will I be charged a late fee?
You will be charged a late fee if you return your book after the end of the final exam period.
What happens if I never bring my book back?
You will be charged the replacement cost for the book and a late fee.
The Textbook Rental Program provides students currently enrolled at Flagler College the opportunity to rent selected textbooks for the current semester at a discount compared to the standard selling price for a new book. Agreement to these terms and conditions is required to rent course materials. In consideration of the opportunity, I hereby agree to accept and abide by the following terms and conditions.
1. I enter this Rental Agreement with the Flagler College Bookstore (“FCB”) of my own free will. I will return Rented Materials to FCB at the designated times and locations published on the FCB website. Any concerns relative to the initial condition of Rented Materials must be addressed within 48 hours of rental.
2. Rental Period: I understand that these Rented Materials must be returned by the close of business on the last day of the final exam period for the semester.
3. Failure to Return: If I fail to bring back Rented Materials by the Rental Return Due Date or attempt to bring back Rented Materials in an unsalable condition, I authorize FCB to charge the Full Replacement Cost and Late Fee to my credit card in addition to the original rental amount already paid. FCB is not responsible for reminding students of the return due date.
4. Condition upon return: Reasonable highlighting and writing in rented textbooks is permitted and acceptable. All Rented Materials brought back must be in complete and salable condition. This means: no damage to the spine of the book, no liquid damage, and all component parts present (excluding one time use access codes). I acknowledge that I am responsible for any loss or theft of Rented Materials.
5. Refunds: FCB standard refund policies apply. New and used books must be returned in the same condition in which they were rented, which means that any access codes or other sealed materials must be unused and unopened. Refunds are only applicable through the last day of the drop/add period.
6. Tax: Normal tax rates apply.
7. At the end of the semester all Rented Materials must be returned to a designated, approved location. We will accept a shipped rental return if it is postmarked by Rental Return Due Date and includes the renter’s student id number and name.